Monday, June 15, 2009

Dog/Cat CPR


Hi All !

So this coming Sat were off to the Loews Dog Surf contest in Coronado just south/west of San Diego downtown so if you want something fun to do come on down, June 20th to cheer all the pups on !!!

Now I'd like to let everyone know that learning CPR for your pet is So very important ! We have a great resource to use from a gal named Melanie Monteiro on page 122 of her book this is covered, she has kindly donated some of her books for our event. I also found a simple sheet you can print that covers CPR here !

Make sure you take the time to at least read and print this as you never know when it might come in handy I'm taking a CPR class for animals soon, as I travel alot and now having 3 dogs out running it's a good idea for me to have it just in case. I hate to say but when we held a clinic we saw a couple that brought two dogs to the beach and the one was 60lbs+ but the other was about 10lbs ( Yorky) if that and they let the lil guy swim and swim and he went into cardiac arrest and our pal TJ ( and the lifeguard) tried to save him, the parents made way to many mistakes that could have maybe helped save his life he was just 7yrs.

In any event BE educated and ready for anything, I say at least keep the cpr sheet laminated and in your car or back pack and make sure you know of a 24hr emergency care ( pet, NOT human, human hospital will Help Zero) close to your area, one thing I have always done when I travel is pay attention to the vets or clinics that I pass along the way just in case( I see so many people that have not the faintest clue when they pull into a new town) you will need one or might be able to help someone else in need !

No comments:

Post a Comment